Surprisingly, there are many missing dogs that are reunited with their families years later, but that reunion isn’t often caught on camera. However, that’s not the case for this pooch.
A Jack Russel Terrier mix named ‘Little Buddy’, from southwest Missouri disappeared from his home about five and a half years ago. His pawrents thought that maybe they did not latch the doggy door properly, and they waited but were not able to find Little Buddy.
Somehow, the pup had made it all the way to Kansas City, four hours away from his home. Little Buddy was adopted from a rescue in 2017 and they had him microchipped but when he went missing, no one turned him in. Raytown Animal Control found him recently and the family all had an emotional reunion. It is clear that Little Buddy recognized them and they were all so happy to be together again!
Want more adorable content: check out this Lost Dog Reunited with Owner After Three Years Can’t Contain Her Excitement! [Video]!
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to only adopt instead of shopping. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals, and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!